Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What's in a Name?

All of my life I have been named Donnaven. There is no nickname to shorten it to, no way to make it more feminine, and I sure as heck would get a lot of grief if I tried to change it. (And yes, I refuse to change it to Donna. I know a few of those.) So, I'm stuck. Embrace it -- that's what I'm told. Have you ever met a woman named Donnaven? Spelled exactly the same way? Doubt it.
Curious about the origins of my name, I went on a quest. I will never find the name Donnaven spelled exactly the same way as mine, so I settled on the closest spelling. What did I find? Donnaven means dark haired chieftain or warrior. A boys name. Gaelic or Irish origin. But behind the name, there is so much more. That's why I'm here. My quest of "defining Donnaven" continues.
Here we go.
Hello! My name's Donnaven, pleasure to meet you. I'm a full-time student, part-time waitress, "eccentric," hardworking, stubborn and all around an unique individual (excuse the double standard) who loves to create, try new things, and cook. I'm due to be married December 15th of this year and I plan to overwhelm you with DIY wedding ideas, new recipes, my very recent sewing excursions, and my love of photography. Glad to have you!

No comments:

Post a Comment