Friday, July 27, 2012

Canon Kind-a Girl

My favorite time of the day to photograph in the summer is about 8 o'clock. The sun is just meeting the horizon and I can get some really good sun flare (when I want it). I've been in photography for about a year and a half now, a growing portion of my 19 years of life on this earth. Every time I pick up my SLR I find that I learn something new. It's a constant process of trial and error to pinpoint my individual style and the desired outcome of my photos.
I'm a Canon kind-a girl. I will admit that I've never truly ventured into Nikon or any other DSLR brand. I've fuddled over my cousin's Nikon in attempts to assist her in figuring out the device, but other than that, I've  quite literally never touched the brand. Do I have a desire to? Maybe -- just for curiosity's sake.
I recently purchased a Canon 65mm fixed. Playing around with it, I've noticed the benefits of having such a lens. You really can stand across the room and catch a conversation between a bride and groom without attracting their notice. I can photograph the bride donning her dress with her maids surrounding her and not interrupt that special moment. Needless to say, it's an awesome lens for the price tag.
Am I a high end photographer with thousands upon thousands in equipment? Absolutely not. But I love what I do and I am confident that shows through my photos. That is the important thing. To view my passion, check out my page. See you around!


No comments:

Post a Comment